21 Sep Come along to Ambler’s open morning and check out our Reception classes
Although the Autumn Term has only just begun, it’s already time for some parents to start thinking ahead to where they’d like their child to spend their upcoming academic years.
Islington Council recommends that you:
- Talk to your child – involve them as much as you can.
- Think about what is right for your child – don’t rely on what others tell you or what you read on parenting websites.
- Check the school website – you’ll find them listed in each school’s fact file.
- Visit schools – contact the school for visiting dates. You can speak to teachers, ask questions and get a feel for the school.
- Think about the journey – how easy will it be to get to the school? Some schools may be further away but are easier to get to.
- Check the admission criteria and cut-off distance – you’ll find them listed in each school’s fact file.
- Use all six preferences – make sure you include at least one local school. Don’t choose only one school – your application will not be treated more favourably and you could lose out on another school you like.
Primary School applications
Ambler has been inundated with requests to attend one of our open mornings and the next four sessions are already fully booked. However, there are still three dates with vacancies, so get in touch as soon as possible if you’d like a personal tour of the premises conducted by Juliet Benis, our headteacher.
The remaining open mornings will be held on
Thursday 23rd November, Thursday 7th December and Thursday 4th January. Just call the Children’s Centre admin office on 02073597628 to book your place…